Misclassifying employees and independent contractors is getting more costly by the day. With federal and state agencies joining forces to combat misclassification, fines and penalties have skyrocketed. And every day the misclassification continues the penalties mount up and up until this ticking time bomb finally explodes! Find out how to defuse that ticking bomb by joining renowned payroll expert Vicki M. Lambert, CPP for this information packed webinar where you will learn:
• What classifications of workers are permitted under the IRS Rules
• What is the common law rule and how is it used to determine worker status
• What are the three factors the IRS uses to determine worker status and how to apply them correctly
• How the FLSA rules differ from the IRS rules and why you have to follow both
• How does the state trump both the IRS and the FLSA on determining independent contractor status with the ABC test for SUI
• What are the latest agreements or programs being used by the IRS, DOL and the states to “find” misclassified employees
• Using the Form SS-8 to your advantage to determine worker status
• Who gets a W-2 and who gets a 1099 and why it should never be the same worker
• Find out how easily a 1099 audit can be triggered and why the chances of getting one are on the rise
• What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor and who assesses them. It’s not just the IRS you have to worry about.
• You found out you have a misclassified employee—now what?
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the Program Developer, Subject Matter Expert (SME), and Facilitator for the Certificate in Payroll Practice and Management Program offered by Cengage Learning / Ed2Go through hundreds of colleges and universities across the country.
For More Details: Compliance online Training.
Email:email@example.com | Tel:+1-248-233-2049 | Web:www.grcts.com.